MTN Codes comprises of all the codes used in performing various services with MTN mobiles lines on the users comfort zones, anytime and anywhere. For airtime, data, share of data with your friends, go through the page to get them.
Find out all the MTN USSD Codes available in Nigeria and their uses.
MTN USSD Code For Data or to buy data is *131*1# or *904#
MTN USSD Code for Own Number is *123#
MTN USSD Code for upgrade is *131*4#.
MTN USSD Code for airtime advance is *600*amount#
MTN USSD Code for airtime transfer is *777*receiver’s number*amount*PIN#
MTN USSD Code to check data subscription is *559#
MTN USSD code for please call me is *133#
MTN USSD Code to transfer data is *131*4#
MTN Bonus Balance Code is *559*2# or *559*3#
MTN USSD Code to unsubscribe or cancel data subscription is SEND “NO and the code for your subscription plan” to 131. For instance, when you’re on the 150MB Weekly plan, to cancel, SEND “NO102” to 131.
MTN On Demand
The *904# is a MTN Codes USSD mobile codes that allows you the ease of buying airtime and data directly from your bank accounts to mobile phones, at your convenience, anytime, anywhere. This service is also called MTN ON Demand.
How can I buy Airtime/Data with the *904# code?
To buy airtime with the code, simply dial *904# to go through the menu or *904*Amount# to buy airtime.
What are the benefits of the *904# code?
You will enjoy benefits such as:
- Convenience (you can buy at any time, and anywhere
- Ease of purchase
- No need to scratch
- No hidden charges on your account or airtime
- No network issues
- Simple and instant (No delays)
- Multiple purchase (strictly for the MTN number linked to any of your account)
MTN XtraTime is a service that allows you to borrow airtime on credit when you run out of airtime and payback on your next recharge. MTN XtraTime is available to ONLY Prepaid customers that are eligible for the service.
To be eligible for XtraTime service, you MUST:
- Be a Prepaid customer
- Have registered your phone number
- Have been on the MTN network for more than 3 months
- Have spent at least N200 monthly for 3 months
- Have between N0 and N75 in your main account
- Paid-up any outstanding XtraTime loan request
- Borrow Airtime via *606# Menu:
- Dial *606# and select XtraTime
- You can then select your preferred amount from the list
- After selecting your preferred amount, the system will then send you a message with the amount you are about to borrow and the applicable service fee for you to confirm the transaction.
- Once you confirm your transaction, the system will deduct the service fee, credit your
- XtraTime account with the remaining airtime balance and send you a successful notification message.
Borrow Airtime via 606 IVR:
- Dial 606 and the system will play an announcement for you to select your preferred language, either English, Igbo Hausa or Yoruba.
- Upon selecting your preferred language, you will be required to select either XtraTime or XtraByte.
- Once you select XtraTime, the system will then play out all the airtime amount that you can borrow.
- You can then select your preferred amount from the list
- After selecting your preferred amount, the system will then play an announcement with the amount you are about to borrow and the applicable service fee for you to confirm the transaction.
- Once you confirm your transaction, the system will deduct the service fee, credit your XtraTime account with the remaining airtime balance and send you a successful notification message.
MTN Share Codes
MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell) is a service that allows you to transfer airtime(credit) from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts. MTN Share can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network. You can now transfer airtime Free of Charge.
Before you can transfer airtime, you must change the default PIN which is 0000.
To Change your MTN Share PIN:
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
- Immediately you change your PIN using any of the options above, you will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully.
You May Like: Lovers Blocked Me On Facebook App
How to transfer airtime using SMS
Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to transfer airtime using USSD
Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Please note that:
You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99.
You can transfer between NGN50.00 – NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
You can transfer up to NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
For questions and contributions on MTN Codes, use the comment box below.