How to Create a Facebook Group With your Personal Profile – Creating a Facebook Group with your profile is super easy. It all starts with heading to the Facebook Groups page here:
How to Create a Facebook Group With your Personal Profile
To Create a Facebook Group with your personal profile follow these steps;
- Login to your Facebook account
- Click “Create New Group”
Once you’re on the Facebook Groups page, go ahead and click “Create New Group” on the left:
- Add a Group Name
When you click “Create New Group”, a popup will appear.
This popup contains a 4-part form that you need to complete to create your new Group.
The first field in the form asks you for the name of your new Group.
I will name my new Group the “Progressive People Group”
Keep in mind that you can name your Group whatever you want (and you can change it later at any time).
Try to make the group name memorable and searchable — so people can find it.
Your Group name should be relevant to the topic of your Group.
Interesting: Manychat FB Messenger Bot | Manychat FB Messenger Bot Sign Up – www.manychat.com
Here are some tips for naming your new Group:
Use your name, brand name, product name, or other recognized name that is easily discoverable in search.
Use keywords that relate to the topic being discussed or the people you are trying to gather. For example, you could have a Facebook Group for Social Media Managers or a Facebook Group discussing Social Media Management.
- Choose your Privacy Setting
Once you’ve chosen a Group name, the next step is to choose your privacy setting.
You have 2 options:
- Public: anyone on Facebook can who’s in the Group and what they post
- Private: only Group members can see who’s in the Group and their posts
Choosing the Group’s privacy setting is probably the most important choice you’ll make while creating your group.
This is because it locks you in and limits what you can change down the road.
According to Facebook, the official differences between Public Groups and Private Groups are as follows:
Group privacy settings can be modified later, but only under certain conditions.
Admins can only change the privacy setting for a group once every 28 days, although they have 24 hours to revert a change made to a Group’s privacy settings.
Admins can change the privacy settings for Groups under 5,000 members from Public to Private or Private to Public.
Admins can only change the privacy settings for Groups with over 5,000 members from Public to Private, but not Private to Public.
These are Facebook’s official rules. But it’s always important to keep in mind the topic of your Group.
If it’s a sensitive topic, and you change the privacy from Private to Public, you can expect to lose members quickly.
Try to be very careful about this, since being publicly outed as being part of a Group on a sensitive topic could be embarrassing for some members!
I’ve chosen “Public” as the privacy setting for my new “Progressive People Group”.
- Choose your Visibility Setting
After choosing your privacy setting, the next step is to choose your visibility setting for your new Group.
This is also known as the “Hide Group” setting:
If you choose “Visible” then anyone on Facebook can find the Group.
If you choose “Hidden” then only members can find the Group. And they need to be invited to join by the Group admin.
As you can see, public Groups cannot be hidden. They have to be visible by default.
Only private Groups can be hidden
See Also: Find Out who Searches You On Facebook
- Select Friends to add to your new Group
The last step is to add your first Group members:
Facebook will suggest people from your own friends list, and also recommend more relevant friends as you start choosing.
You are required to add at least 1 friend to the group before you can create it. If you don’t, you may get an error message.
You will automatically be added as a member of your new Group too (of course!).
- Click “Create”
Just click the “Create” button.
You’ve just created a Facebook Group with your personal profile.
Now let’s walk through the same process for creating a Group with your FB Page.
How to create a Facebook Group with your Facebook Page
Remember: Pages have “fans” or “Likes”… not “friends”!
So let’s jump into how to create a new Group with your Facebook Page.
It’s super simple.
Start by going to your Page Settings:
Then follow the steps below.
- Turn on the “Groups” tab in your page settings
- Once you’re in your page settings, click on “Templates and Tabs”.
- Then turn your page’s “Groups” tab on:
- Click the toggle and turn it green to activate!
- Go to Groups tab and click “Create Group”
- Once your Groups tab is activated, you can go back to the main view of your page.
- You will notice that below your page’s Profile photo and title, you will see your page tabs, including:
- Your “Groups” tab probably won’t be visible. So you’ll need to click “More” to see it.
- Click “More” and then “Groups”:
- When the Groups tab opens, you will see the option to “Create Group”.
- Click that option!
- Btw, if you’ve already created a Facebook Group for your business using your personal profile, then you should also see a “Link Your Group” option.
- This option will allow you to link your Facebook Group to your Facebook Page.
- But if you are creating your first Facebook Group, you can just click the “Create Group” button.
- Complete “Create Group” popup form
- Clicking “Create Group” will activate a popup with the same form fields as the “Create New Group” popup above in Part 1 of this post.
- These options include:
“Name your Group”: give your new Group a name
“Add some people”: add your new Groups first members (you can invite “Top fans”)
“Select privacy”: select your new Group’s privacy setting
“Hide Group”: select your new Group’s visibility setting
If you want more info on these 4 individual fields, just scroll up to Part 1 above.
When you’re finishing with the form, click “Create” and BOOM!… your new Group will be created and ready to configure!