Japan Visa Application Form – The Japanese government is implementing the Japan Visa application form online in order to make it easier for eligible citizens to visit the country, strengthen immigration controls, and reduce visa application workloads at Japanese diplomatic missions.
Japan Visa Application Form
As you may already know, to enter Japan you need a passport and a Japan visa (unless you are from a country that is visa-exempt). There are a number of different types of Japanese visas which are designed by the Japanese government for different purposes and lengths of time.
There are 68 countries whose citizens can enter visa-free for tourism or business. Other nationalities currently need to go to a Japanese embassy or consulate to apply for a Japan visa. Japan introduced an eVisa in 2021 which helped to simplify the Japanese visa application process.
Japan Visa Types
At the moment there are numerous different types of visas and more will be introduced in the future, including the eVisa. Visas are obtained directly from Japanese embassies and consulates, although the application process for the evisa will be completed entirely online.
Japanese visas can be grouped into 3 main categories:
- Working visa
- Non-working visa
- Family Related Visas
Japan Working Visa
Working visas are considered long-term stay visas and cover the kind of work that requires high-level professional knowledge or skills and ‘thus, they do not include simple labor tasks. Jobs like a waiter, construction workers, salespeople, etc. cannot obtain a working visa.
Anyone who holds a non-working visa is allowed to work as long as the immigration officer grants them permission. This type of visas is considered a short-term stay visa and some restrictions apply. Those doing some work under a non-working visa cannot exceed the number of authorized hours per week.
Family-related visas are considered short-term stay visas and have no restrictions when it comes to employment, so you can engage in more than one activity or change jobs.
Those who can apply for these visas are:
- Spouses and children of Japanese nationals
- Long Term Residents
- Permanent Residents
- Spouses and children of Permanent Resident
How to Get Japan Visa Online Application Form
In order to apply for the Japanese visa online, it will be necessary to complete the simple electronic Japan visa application form online. Applicants will be able to fill in the Japan visa online application form in just a few minutes, by supplying personal and passport information, and travel details, and answering a few security-related questions.
Those eligible for the eVisa for Japan who wishes to stay in the country for longer periods and purposes such as to work and study should contact their nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate for further information.
Japan Visa-Free Countries & Regions
JAPAN VISA-EXEMPT COUNTRIES & REGIONS
Andorra Finland Latvia Poland
Austria FYR Macedonia Liechtenstein Serbia
Belgium France Lithuania Slovakia
Croatia Germany Luxembourg Slovenia
Cyprus Greece Malta Spain
Czech Republic Hungary Monaco Sweden
Denmark Ireland Netherlands Switzerland
Estonia Italy Norway United Kingdom
Canada United States
LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
Argentina Chile El Salvador Mexico
Bahamas Costa Rica Guatemala Surinam
Barbados Dominican Republic Honduras Uruguay
Brunei (15 days) Republic of Korea Thailand (15 days) Macao
Indonesia Singapore Hong Kong Taiwan
Israel United Arab Emirates (30 days) Turkey
Lesotho Tunisia Mauritius
Japan Tourist Visa Application Requirements
To apply for a travel visa to Japan requires the following documents:
- Filled out and signed Japan tourist visa application form
- Original, signed Nigeria passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity.
- Passport Photo: 2 Include a passport-style photo, with a white background, taken within the last 6 months. You may also choose to upload a photo to your order for us to print. There is a surcharge associated with this service.
- Itinerary. Copy of round trip tickets or confirmed itinerary.
- Bank Statement. Copies of bank statements from the past 6 months.
- Hotel Reservations. Copy of confirmed hotel reservations.
- Personal Invitation. If staying with friends or family, a letter of invitation from the host in Japan, NOTARIZED by the appropriate city hall in Japan can be used instead of the hotel reservation.
- Tourist Voucher. Copy of tourist voucher issued by tourist company or hotel in Japan approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Tourists from visa-free countries are just required to hold a valid passport for the intended period of their stay in order to obtain their Japan eVisa.
More information about Japan tourist eVisa at: https://www.visasjapan.com/tourist-evisa/.
How to Apply for a Japan Visa Online
The Japan visa application form requires that travelers provide several essential details.
The government of Japan is planning to introduce an electronic visa system by Spring 2021 to simplify the process of obtaining a visa to visit the country.
Foreign visitors must provide the following on the Japan visa form:
- Surname and given names as shown in passport
- Date and place of birth
- Sex and marital status
- Citizenship and former or other citizenships
- Passport details including passport type, passport number, and issuing and expiration date.
- Purpose of visit to Japan
- Intended stay in Japan
- Date of arrival in Japan
- Port of entry and transport carrier
- Names and addresses of hotels or persons with whom the applicant intends to stay
To apply for any type of Japan visa online, visit the online application portal at https://www.visasjapan.com/application-form/
Countries That Need a Japan Visa for Short-Term Stays
Citizens from most Latin American, African, Asian, and former Soviet Union countries are required to apply for a Japan visa at an embassy or consulate. In order to get a visa for Japan, the applicant will need to provide a valid passport and additional documentation established by the government.
Use the comment box below for questions and contributions about Japan Visa Application Form – Japan Visa Requirements – Japan Travel Visa Information