WhatsApp Pay – WhatsApp is a social media platform uses by citizens for communicating across the globe. WhatsApp is not also relenting in improving to better services. Just as Facebook as payment service, recently, WhatsApp launched its own payment service known as WhatsApp pay. WhatsApp pay is an in-chat payment that allows WhatsApp users to make transactions via WhatsApp to their contact lists.
WhatsApp pay is a UPI-based payment that allows you to send and receive money. With WhatsApp pay, you can stay in touch with friends, family, and work.
Because WhatsApp allows you to make payments which the company said will be as convenient as sending a message. With WhatsApp pay, sending and receiving money has now become easier.
WhatsApp pay uses the Unified Payment Interface [UPI] method through which you can send as well as receive money through your UPI-linked bank accounts.
The WhatsApp pay is now available on all mobile devices such as IOS and android devices. WhatsApp sends instructions to banks that initiate the transfer of money through UPI between sender and receiver bank accounts.
How WhatsApp Pay works
Furthermore, WhatsApp pay allow its users to transfer money only to their contacts after which it enables UPI id. The users of WhatsApp pay could also the UPI id to transfer money.
Also, WhatsApp users can transfer money to people who are not on their contact list through QR CODE. To use WhatsApp payments, you must usher in a payment to a contact.
Immediately after the request is received, you can set up their UPI account on WhatsApp. You can transfer money directly through chat by clicking on the file icon and selecting payment. The payment option is available on the shortcut menu.
You can as well check your transaction history and account details in that section. This WhatsApp pay simply works on the UPI method where money transfers can be done without having to provide a bank account number. And IFCS codes of the receiver.
How to Set up payments on WhatsApp
To get started with WhatsApp pay, the first thing you need to do is to link your bank account service.
Unified Payments Interface [UPI] primarily works with your phone number and the service works with all major banks in India. Follow the steps below to set up payments on WhatsApp.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your mobile device. Click on the three-dotted icon which is placed on the top right of the screen. Click on payments. Add a payment method.
- Then, accept and continue to get started.
- You will see a list of bank names. Select your bank from the list. It should be your primary UPI account. Now, you need to verify your phone number. Make sure that the WhatsApp number you’re using is the same one registered with your bank account.
- Hit Verify via SMS to authenticate your bank account. Click allow to let WhatsApp verify that the number is the one registered with your bank account.
- Click allow again for WhatsApp to send texts to authenticate your account. Then, WhatsApp will now verify with your bank and pull up all accounts registered with your number. Select the one you’d like to use to finish setting up payments.
- Click on DONE to finish setting up WhatsApp payments. After this, you will be able to see the chosen bank on the payments page.
How to Receive and Send Money Via WhatsApp.
- Open the chat of the person you want to send money to on WhatsApp. Click on the attachment icon. Click on Payment and add the amount you want to send to the individual. Also, you can add a note.
- Enter your UPI PIN. You’ll see a confirmation message show up directly in the conversation window once the transaction is done. With WhatsApp pay, sending and receiving of money is now easier than ever before.
Share this post to your friends on Facebook. Twitter, Whatsapp, and Instagram.
Use the comment box below for questions and contributions about WhatsApp Pay | Set Up Payments on WhatsApp – Send and Receive Money Using WhatsApp