AAUW International Fellowships for Women in USA – AAUW International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
AAUW International Fellowships for Women in USA
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
Accredited U.S. institutions
Level/Field(s) of study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
Number of Awards:
Women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- • Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- • Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by 15 November 2022.
- • Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- • Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career
- • Be proficient in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a valid ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other acceptable verification.
- • Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- • Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
See the full eligibility criteria at the official website (link found below) for more details.
Fellowships support one year of study in the United States at the Master’s, PhD or Postdoctoral level.
Both graduate and postgraduate study at accredited institutions are supported. Several fellowships are available for study outside of the U.S.
AAUW International Fellowships Grant Details:
Field of Study: Unrestricted
AAUW International Fellowships Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
Applications available: August 1 – November 15 every year.
Fellowship year: July 1 to – June 30 of the following year