Vimeo Account Sign Up – Vimeo is another Video uploading – sharing and presentation website (like Youtube.com you already know about). Many people are aware that YouTube is the leading video sharing giant on the web today, but the fact remains that a lot of people prefer another popular video sharing service over YouTube, called Vimeo.
Best Alternative of YouTube is Vimeo
One good recommendation that Vimeo has over Youtube is that there is no distracting banners or 30-second commercials before your video starts — a huge perk for the viewer.
But we have not come here to compare the two best video sharing website. We are here to learn how to use the Vimeo Sign UP Free Account page to own a video sharing account.
See Also: Oxigen Wallet Account Login – How to Transfer and Receive Money
Vimeo Account Sign Up
To create new Vimeo account you have to visit the official web page on: https://vimeo.com/
How to Create a Vimeo Account
Now that the benefits of this platform have been laid out, it’s time to learn how to create your own account. The good news is that setting up your very own account is a quick and easy process.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to create your own Vimeo account:
- Go to www.vimeo.com.
- Click “Join”.
- Create a username and password and enter your email. (We can’t help with creating your username, but we can help you if you need to learn how to create a strong and secure password).
- Confirm your email by following the instructions sent to your inbox.
Cool! You’ve got the skeletons of your account set up. Now it’s time to customize it so that it represents your brand and looks both professional and appealing.
- Upload a profile photo or your logo (recommended size is: 600 x 600 px). Don’t have a logo? No problem, you can make one in just a couple of clicks using Wix Logo Maker.
- Include a silent loop able cover video that will automatically play at the top of your profile. (recommended size is: 1920 x 540 px and aspect ratio for the video is: 1:3:33).
- Done! Congrats, you’ve successfully created your account. Now you’re ready to start uploading your own videos and viewing others.
Extra tip: Make your custom URL your username so that people can find your channel more easily.
Select Your Type of Vimeo Account
During the sign up process you may be prompted to upgrade to a paid account. As there are a handful of options to choose from, you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing an option that fits your needs. Let’s take a closer look at what’s available:
Vimeo Plus: Perfect for the beginner wanting to test the Vimeo waters. This option provides 5GB per week storage and up to 250GB a year. It includes advanced privacy features, stats for videos as well as priority support.
Vimeo Pro: Made with businesses and professionals in mind who are looking to get serious about selling their work on Vimeo. Here, you have 20GB a week of storage. Plus, up to 1TB a year! Pro includes all the features mentioned in Plus, as well as the ability to sell your videos and have access to video review tools.
Vimeo Business: If your business lives and breaths video content (and needs the features to back it up), then this one is for you.The main advantage here is that it’s able to accommodate teams and multiple collaborations through one account. Considering it’s main function there’s also no weekly storage limit. Another perk is VIP support which promises responses within one hour.
Vimeo Premium: Tailor made for the “I want it all” crowd that wants to upload a ton, sell a bunch, and produce videos like a rockstar. This comes with unlimited live streaming and a total of 7TB of storage. Premium features include all those listed in the business option except an added bonus of live support.
How to Upload a Video to Vimeo
Once you have your profile set up, take the time to explore the platform and ultimately upload your first video.
Here’s how to successfully upload a video to Vimeo:
- Log into your Vimeo Account.
- Click the “Upload Video” button found on the homepage or through the link in the navigation bar labelled “Upload”.
- Select the “Choose File to Upload” button (You’ll also be presented with privacy setting options at this stage).
- Choose the file you want to upload and hit “Select”.
- While the file is uploading you can fill out information like the title and description.
- After you click the button, the uploading will start .The progress bar should estimate how long your little gem will take to be uploaded.
- Once you’ve uploaded a handful of videos, you’ll be able to control the order they are presented in.
Best Practices for Using Vimeo
- Choose the right words: You’ll want to add in relevant keywords to your video title and description so that it can be found easily and enjoyed by those looking for it.
- Use stand-out thumbnails: Give your video a boost with an attention grabbing thumbnail for your video. These are a great way to create cohesion throughout your profile.
- Follow compression guidelines: In order for your videos to play beautifully on Vimeo make sure that you follow the site’s compression guidelines.
- Showcase your videos on your website: Once you have your Vimeo account in order and a couple of videos under your digital belt, it’s time to show off your content on as many platforms as possible. Your first choice should be your very own video website. Why? Because unlike other platforms, you can take full control and ownership over your work. No one will take your video down without telling you, limit the size, or allow free downloads without your consent. You will not be bound to a cage of standard limitations and capabilities or pop-up advertisements.
- Using Wix Video, you can easily add all of your work from your Vimeo channel straight to your site.
- In addition,Wix Video Maker you can easily create short videos even with no editing skills. Think of your website as a home away from home for all your gorgeous videos.