How to Reset Your Instagram Password – Recover Your Lost Instagram Account. This article teaches you how to reset a forgotten Instagram password with either your username, an email address, a text message, or your Facebook account details.
How to Reset Your Instagram Password
Using Your Username
- Open Instagram: Its a purple-red-orange gradient app with a white, square, camera icon.
If you’re using an Android device, you cannot use your username to prompt Instagram to send you a password reset email.
- Tap Get help signing in: It’s below the blue Login button.
You may have to tap Sign in at the bottom of the screen first.
- Type in your username: If you don’t remember which email address you used to create your account, typing in your Instagram username will at least give you a hint.
- Click On the “Send Login Link”: A pop-up window with the first letter of your Instagram-registered email address and a confirmation message will appear.
For example, you might see “We sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to get back into your account.”
- Tap OK: It’s at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Open your email: If you don’t have access to the email address you provided, you’ll need to use your phone number instead.
- Open the email from Instagram: Its subject will say “Help with your account,” and you’ll find a link below the Log Me In button entitled “reset your Instagram password here.”
If you don’t see an email here, look for it in the “Spam” folder (or the “Social” or “Updates” folders in Gmail).
- Tap the password reset link: Doing so will take you to a page where you can type in a new password for your account.
- Type in your new password twice: You’ll enter it in the two text fields listed on this page.
- Tap Reset Password: It’s at the bottom of the page. If your passwords match up, you’ll be taken to your Instagram home page in your mobile browser.
You can now open Instagram and log in with your reset password.
Read Also: Instagram Account Sign Up – How to Create an Instagram Account
You can also use other methods such an email address, a text message, or your Facebook account details.
In case you have any questions concerning How to Reset Your Instagram Password – Recover Your Lost Instagram Account, use the comment box below.