Facebook Open Graph Debugger – The Facebook site makes use of this tool in order to decide the kind of details and contents to display when a particular link is shared to your web page or site. Any site and web page that makes use of this tool is able to tell the Facebook site what details he or she wants in their site.
Facebook Open Graph Debugger
Facebook Platform, launched the FB Open Graph Debugger in the year 2010, and this Open Graph tool allows web pages and sites to become a rich site on the social graph.
And if you do have problems with links not displaying in your site properly, then the Debugger tool from Facebook is just the best place to seek for help.
What Is Debugging? – FB Open Graph Debugger
I know you may have never come across this word Debugging before. Well, it is not a common word, but it is surely one useful tool that a lot of people out there do not know about. Now let me quickly brief you on what the term Debugging means.
Debugging is the act of detecting and working on problems within a system or computer program that deprive the correct action of a system or a computer program.
How Does Facebook Open Graph Debugger Work?
The Facebook Open Graph Debugger is one helpful tool that allows you to detect and resolve an URL of your web page or site before it gives back details about your site and the problems it will contain while you share it on Facebook.
This means that, if there are any problems contained in the contents and URLs of your site you share to Facebook, the Open Graph Debugger tool helps to detect and resolve these problems before it returns every other detail of your site back to you. However, for you to start making use of this tool, you need to have a Facebook account since you are sharing your URL and contents to the Facebook platform.
Although, you need to have a Facebook account to make use of this tool, this does not mean the whole Debugger process has to start from the main Facebook platform. You have to visit the Facebook Open Graph Debugger page and enter the URL of your web page or site and start the process.
Once you get started, you will get all details of that particular URL, including the problems contained in the URL. You will also find processes on how to correct these problems and errors.
How to Use FB Open Graph Debugger to Fix Errors
The Facebook Open Graph Debugger allows you view contents and URLs of your site from Facebook’s own view. It displays to you, the way your URL or content will look like when you share them on Facebook.
This then give users the control of the details of their sites shared on the Facebook platform. It is absolutely one helpful tool you should never miss out on. Now without much ado, let us quickly see how we can get started with this tool.
- Go to the Facebook Open Graph Debugger site on https://developers.facebook.com/tool/debug.
- You must have your Facebook account logged in to your device first. When the page is open, you will find a box tagged “Enter URL”. In this box, you have to paste in the link that does not show properly when you post it to Facebook.
- Once you have pasted it, click on “Debug” and select Fetch New Scrape Information.
- The Facebook Debugger tool will then display to you the problems of the link that does not display properly when shared to Facebook. You will see a tag like “Warnings that should be fixed”.
- Also, you can correct these errors right away by changing your blog post. And when you are done, go back to the page and click on “Scrape again”.
- And if there are no more errors and warnings to correct, go to the preview of the link, and click on “See this in the share dialog”.
- Then post to Facebook.
This is what the FB Open Graph Debugger means, how it works, what it is used for and how it is used.