How to Place Google AdSense AMP Code On Websites – AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) is a method to build fast websites, especially for mobile devices. Accessing information through the mobile phone has become a common thing, more traffic from mobile users and so on.
Google AdSense AMP Code On Websites
It is possible that you may have tried so hard, do lots of researches to display Google ads on your AMP pages but working out. This is why this page is designed for you; to guide you through all process to completion.
It doesn’t matter the method you want to use. But we have listed several methods to Place Google AdSense AMP Code On Websites or Blogs. So keep reading and follow the steps below.
Remember using the comment box below in case you have any question or confusion arises from any of the steps.
How to Place Google AMP Ad Code
Step 1: Install the AMP Plugin on Your Site
Make sure you have an AMP Plugin installed already on your website. There are two AMP WordPress plugins we recommend but will be using the AMP by
Step 2: Login to your Google Adsense account
- Navigate to Ads menu then click on “Got an AMP site?”
- On the new page that opens make sure to enable the “Let Google place display ads on your AMP sites” and click “Done” to save changes.
- Now you will be provided with an HTML script to Copy and paste in between the <head></head> tags. And another script to copy and paste the AMP Auto ad code right after the <body> tag on your pages.
- The <body> tag will contain your AdSense publisher ID which appears like this; ‘ca-pub-5634567890123456’. Please note that the publisher ID presented here is only a sample.
- Click on ‘Copy code snippet’ for the code to automatically be copied. Then go to your website header code and body to place the code as instructed by Google. Google gave steps on how to do this (check it here) but it may still not be clear to you especially if you’re not used to codes and editing your site settings.
- But you have nothing to worry because this page will take you by-hand from start to finish. All you need to do now is follow the steps and image illustrations.
- Let’s deviate a bit to talk about placing these codes.
You May Like: How to Merge 2 Facebook Account | Join Two Facebook Page
Placing the Google Auto-AMP Codes
There are several convenient ways of placing the AMP codes, which includes;
- Using plugins (for WordPress Users)
- Editing the site script to access the header and body or footer parts
through the theme or template of the site
For WordPress Users:
For WordPress users, plugins make everything simple and as such no need for editing or writing any line code. There are various plugins available for you to use for free that can help you insert those codes on header and body – just as Google recommended. Plugins like; Ad Inserter by Igor Funa, Insert Headers and Footers (by WPBeginner), Advanced Ads (by Thomas Maier) and Adsense Plugin WP QUADS (by Rane Hermenau & Wp-Staging).
These plugins are free and can be downloaded from the WordPress Plugin directory (Here). Or from your admin > Plugins> add new> you can download anyone you feel to use.
On the plugin settings, you should look for header and footer or body – depending on the code you are placing are positions. Please note that you can as well post other header and footer codes even after inserting the Google Adsense AMP code.
See NEXT Page to learn how we use these plugins to insert ann types of codes.
Editing Site script:
This is for those who already know maybe little or well about coding. All you need is locating the site header and body then insert those codes respectively as Google instructed.
Through Theme or Templates:
These days Theme and Template now make provision for users to insert header, footer and body codes. From your theme settings or customization you should look for header or body or footer – to insert codes of this nature we are discussing on this page.
It’s not necessary nor recommended to apply all method. Therefore, I know you may want to ask which of the methods should you use, right?
Learn More: Trello Account Sign Up | Trello Account Sign In
It all depends on your activities.
If you are the kind of person who is not stable on theme or template you use on your website then it is advised to use the Plugin or application method. So that even when you change theme the settings will remain in as much as you did not delete that plugin.
But if you already have a permanent theme or template you’re using on your website and you dislike installation of too many plugins then you go with the option of editing your theme/template or site script to place the code which remains for as long as its the same theme you’re using.
Step 3: Please/Insert the Code On Your Site
Now it’s time to insert those codes using any of the methods listed. Check the next page for direction (with image illustrations) for inserting those codes using any of those methods listed above.
- Make sure to save settings after inserting the code.
- Then go back to your Google AdSense account and click on “Done”.
- Now there will be nothing to do anymore, rather wait for few hours for the change to implement and your amp AdSense will start displaying perfectly.
- See the “Next” Page to learn how to insert code using those three methods listed above.
For questions and contributions about How to Place Google AdSense AMP Code On Websites, use the comment box.